Thursday, February 21, 2013

I don't have time for this

W2D4
What happened to the success of W1's 4miler? I was dying and had heartburn and almost didn't make it. And even worse, about halfway through, I thought to myself, "Wow, those 1minute breaks feel long." Apparently, I had somehow tripped my watch into 1:30min breaks. So, between that and the heartburn from only eating Epic Burger a few hours before, I was a mess.
Distance: 4 miles
Pace: 4:1.5 12:30/15:47

After going out hard Sunday night, and feeling like crap for the better part of the day, I've made the executive decision to reinstate my 3 drink rule. So, at least for a while, when I go out or stay in, I'm not having more than 3 drinks. Not to say that they won't be strong drinks, but you get the picture. It wasn't worth it to go out, spend a crapload of $, feel like crap and miss a day of training.

On top of that, I've been sick with cold/flu/allergies for 2 days now. I took Tuesday off from work on account of what I think was a 24hr flu, but had doped myself up so much that night that I was a total space cadet on Wednesday. And it gets better! I got to work and was immediately cold in my office. Within a few hours, I could hardly bend my right wrist after it had swollen so much from hives. (Yes, I'm allergic to the cold.) I had even taken all my preventative pills, but had to pop a Benadryl. When that didn't work after another hour, I gave up being miserable, went home, and popped a few more Bennies.

I really don't have time for this crap. I haven't run since Sunday, and my long run goes up to 5 miles this week. Now, I've run 5 miles before, but it's been 3 months now. I'm petrified.

11 weeks and 2 days til the half.

No comments:

Post a Comment