Friday, March 8, 2013

Time's a Wastin'

Two weeks to be exact where I gave up training or only did so once a week. Needless to say, I wasn't feeling well. I kept thinking to myself, 'Oh shit, this isn't going to work. I shouldn't even bother with the race.'

W5D3
It was supposed to be an easy day of 2 miles and cross training. So why the hell does my knee hurt so damn much?! I've relented to taping it (neoprene braces are itchy) for the rest of my training, but goddamn! Another note to self - doesn't matter how few miles to put in for the day, deep fried mozzarella sticks are not the best pre-workout snack.

To deal with the dryness of the environment, I've been... sucking on things... sounds dirty, but, really, I've been sucking on things. My newest infatuation is with the Clif Shot Blocks. They help prevent dry mouth (for me) and aren't half as bad for you as one would think.

And what doesn't help me get back in the mood more than shopping? I've been postponing the purchase of a new pair of shorts for a while now.
My VSX Sport shorts just don't stay up anymore. My most comfortable pair of course, but I had to pair with only certain pairs of undies so I wasn't mooning anyone and, yeah, it was time to give them up after 5 years.
On to Fleet Feet Old Town! I tried on 6 pairs and it was no competition. The Nike Rivals were simply the most comfortable, light-weight and forgiving. Of course, this pair was also $20 more than all the others.
Oh well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment