Monday, February 11, 2013

Just Move

While talking with friends about my half, I've learned that several of them are training for half marathons as well! So, while I'm choosing not to train with a group, I have the support of my fellow trainees. And despite being hundreds of miles away from some of them, I'm happy that they'll be checking in on me just as I'll be checking in on them.

Week 1 Long Run

I've run an 8K before, I knew I could do it. I hopped on the treadmill because, baby, it's cold outside, and set my watch for intervals. After 1 interval, I wasn't feeling as dogged as I have been. Is my body getting back into the swing of things? I thought so, and I needed a little feel-good push. Therefore, I went for the 12:45 pace no walking. I left my watch ticking through, though, just in case I wanted to dial back into it. So as the 4:1's kept beeping by, I kept movin. Every time I thought I would fall back into the intervals, Pandora's MGMT station would squash the idea with another perfect song. It was the last few minutes, quarter mile, and so on when "Home" - Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros came on and I was able to push it. I know this training says I shouldn't have, but I had to finish during that song! So, I did and I felt great. It was like, damn, maybe I can do this. I just have to figure out how to keep that mentality during triple the distance!
Distance: 4 miles
Pace: 12:48/4.7MPH
Peak Pace: 9:30

Week 2 Cross Training
Ipo's contribution to my training - ice supervisor
45 minutes on the elliptical... Hello hamstrings! Hello my ass! These and my right shoulder seem to be my problem areas so far or at least the areas that seem to ache a bit after exercise. Hopefully by actually doing the cross training, it'll help them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment